Oh my, I’ve been thinking about posting this recipe for SO LONG!
After testing it so many times in different versions with slightly different ingredients, I have finally reached the best version of it.
I love that it gives a taste of Japan (with the Matcha, of course), but also has a familiar chocolate taste we all love, as well as creamy richness. Perfection!
Finally, I have managed to find some time to develop more ideas for the vegan recipe section of the blog – and I’m loving it!
Let me tell you: as someone who is not only vegan but also tries to refrain from processed “junk” food as much as possible, nothing feels better than reaching the best recipe after a few (actually, quite a few!) trials.
Expect more in this section soon!
And now – the recipe:
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1.5 hours
Serving: 6 individual cheesecakes
Does it keep?: 3 days refrigerated (it can last for one month if frozen)
- Put dates, almonds, salt, and nutmeg in a food processor. Process until the mixture has a sticky texture. You should be able to form a small ball with your hands. Put in cupcake molds and press with your fingers to make sure it’s flat and tight. Chill for 10 minutes.
- While the base is chilling: Put cashew nuts (after soaking them in hot water for one hour), coconut oil, agave or maple syrup, vanilla extract, and plant-based milk in a food processor. Process until a smooth cream is formed. Put half of the cream aside and chill.
- Add the Matcha powder to the other half of the cream in the food processor and blend until combined.
- Spread the Matcha cream on top of the almond-dates bottom and freeze for half an hour.
- Then add the white cream on top of the Matcha layer and freeze for another half an hour.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and add a thin layer on top of each mini-cheesecake.
- Decorate with broken walnuts (actually, with whatever nuts you like!).
- Chill for at least 10 minutes before serving.
If you freeze the cheesecakes, allow them to defrost for at least half an hour before serving (depends on the weather).
Like the post? Great!
Share it with your friends and let me know what you think in the comments (:
You can also pin it: